Dangerous Drug Lawyers
I take a special pride advocating for patients and consumers injured by corporate negligence and greed. My firm and I have not shied away from suing multinational banks, mercenary contractors, insurance companies, national media companies and other powerful corporations to ensure their victims are fairly compensated.
We bring the same passion to our representation of patients and consumers injured by dangerous drugs that were negligently designed, inadequately tested, improperly manufactured, or which failed to warn consumers of their true risks. The over-the-counter medication and prescription drug industries earn billions of dollars in profits every year. When the users of their products are hurt by unexpected adverse reactions or by side effects concealed by the drug manufacturers, those companies set aside hundreds of millions of dollars to pay for lawyers, law firms, physician witnesses, and other litigation experts to avoid taking any responsibility for the harm they cause.
Holding drug manufacturers legally accountable is hard work. The Food and Drug Administration is not the same friend of patients, consumers, and safe medicine that it used to be. FDA approval does not necessarily mean that a drug has been adequately tested or that the drug is safe for consumers — it often only means that company-funded studies have shown the drug works better than nothing. FDA approval is more about marketing to doctors and to the general public than about patient safety.
As much as we welcome the FDA taking an active role in policing drug manufacturers, too often the FDA is forced to rush approval of new medications by laws written by pharmaceutical lobbyists such as the Prescription Drug User Fee Act. Sometimes, a drug is approved before it has been tested long-term to determine if the drug has any long-term side effects or if the drug still has any benefits after several years.
Decades of lobbying by pharmaceutical companies has made it difficult for patients and consumers to recover any compensation. Filing a lawsuit is by no means a guarantee of a settlement. If you or a loved one are considering contacting a dangerous drug lawyer, take the time to read about the law firms you are considering. Ask questions about what claims the lawyers are investigating and what might happen in the lawsuit.
For a confidential, no-obligation consultation with our dangerous drug lawyers, use the contact form to the right.
You can also read some of my articles about the legal issues that arise in unsafe drug litigation:
- Yaz and Propecia Labels Updated; Are They Subsequent Remedial Measures?
- Pradaxa Bleeding Lawsuits Begin; Still No Reversal Agent Available
- New Jersey Supreme Court Re-affirms Discovery Rule For Statute of Limitations in Pharmaceutical Negligence Lawsuits
- “No Tolerance” for Drug Manufacturers Fabricating FDA Data Doesn’t Mean Much
- The Most Unfair Prescription Drug And Medical Device Opinions Of 2011
- The Unintentional Message Of The “Worst” Drug And Device Court Opinions
- Courts Lag Behind Science In Recognizing How Regular Tylenol Use Causes Liver Damage
- Why Merck Still Doesn’t Warn About Propecia Causing Impotence
- Off Label Drug Use Should Be Regulated For Patient Safety
- Pennsylvania’s Defective Drug Design Laws Hang In The Balance
- Lawyer Branding And The Race For Actos Bladder Cancer Clients
- Recalled Product Lawsuits Getting Harder, Children’s Tylenol Edition
- Failure To Warn Quiz: Do You Know Children’s Motrin Side Effects?
- In Defective Drug Design Lawsuit, Justice Scalia Defies The Tort Reformers
- “we can price these almost anywhere we want given the product profiles.”
- Wyeth v. Levine: The Supreme Court Rejects Judicial Activism for Drug Makers
- “Avoiding Mass Torts: Pre-Litigation Counseling” — Doing Good is Good, Hiding Evidence is Bad
- Tort Litigation Improves Drug Safety by Prompting Pre-emptive Recalls
- FDA Releases Names of Drugs on the Adverse Event Reporting System
- Big Pharma: Private Codes of Conduct as Evidence of Negligence
- Propaganda in the Courtroom: Pharma Edition