Our Legal Services
A History Of Excellence
Founded over fifty years ago by the legendary James E. Beasley, The Beasley Firm is one of the preeminent plaintiff’s litigation and trial law firms in the United States. Our clients — injured children, patients, workers, passengers, crime victims, and businesses — have been awarded more than $2 billion in compensation in settlements and jury verdicts.
We take difficult plaintiffs’ cases and see them all the way through investigation, filing, pleadings, discovery and trial, and through appeal and re-trial, too. Here are a few recent highlights of our more than 300 hundred jury trial verdicts and settlements in excess of $1 million:
- 2012: $4.2 million jury verdict for an individual forced out of his one-third ownership in an industrial business; at trial, we proved the defendants destroyed and altered all of the paperwork.
- 2011: $5.5 million settlement for a young man paralyzed as the passenger in a car accident.
- 2010: $20.5 million dollar jury trial verdict in medical malpractice case arising from a death during plastic surgery affirmed by Pennsylvania appellate court.
- 2009: $16.25 million mid-trial settlement for a construction worker who lost both his legs in a workplace accident.
We know how to win cases, but our law firm is about more than just winning. In 1999, the firm’s founder, James E. Beasley, Sr., donated $20 million to his alma mater, Temple Law School, to refurbish the facilities, to establish several professorial chairs, and to fund scholarships for highly qualified but economically disadvantaged students. In recognition, the school changed its name to the Beasley School of Law.
Trial Lawyers For Every Case
Our litigation practice is unlimited. From business torts to whistleblowers, from class actions to patent infringement, we do it all. You can read more about my own practice on my About page. I keep a diverse portfolio of cases: some wrongful death, some serious personal injury, some business cases (e.g., intellectual property and breach of contract or fiduciary duty), and some unique cases like whistleblower and environmental contamination / toxic tort chemical exposure.
Read below about some of my main practice areas.
For Serious Physical Injuries:
- Personal Injury such as Automobile Accidents and Liquor Liability / Dram Shop
- Medical Malpractice such as Birth Malpractice / Infant Brain Damage
- Nursing Home Abuse and Elder Neglect
- Medical device recalls and revisions such as the Depuy Hip Replacement Recall, Vaginal Mesh Implant Erosion
- Prescription drug recalls and unexpected side effects such as Accutane Bowel Injury, Actos Bladder Cancer, Depakote Spina Bifida, and Fosamax Bone Injury.
For Financial Losses:
I don’t run a volume practice of a bunch of cases in one area; if it’s a good case that can make a real impact to someone hurt or society at large, we’re interested, from antitrust class actions to sealed whistleblower lawsuits.
You can contact me using the form below or calling me at (215) 931-2634.