New to the site? Haven’t been here in a while? Here are some of the most popular posts over the past few weeks.
Litigations and Trials:
- Barbie v. Bratz: What Went Wrong for Mattel and Right for MGA
- Does A Company Have To Have A Document Retention Policy? Apple Doesn’t Have One
- The Watchmen Movie: Copyright Infringement, Injunctions, Options, Laches, and a Circuit Split All in One
- Citigroup v. Wells Fargo in re Wachovia: Can You Simultaneously Sue in Federal and State Court?
- Citigroup v. Wells Fargo in re Wachovia II: Does Plain Meaning Apply When The Plain Meaning Is Wrong?
and don’t miss the continuing coverage of Senator Vince Fumo’s Criminal Trial.
- Clients Don’t Care About Associate Salaries or Bonuses (Only Partners Do)
- Are Lawyers Risk-Averse For Not Working On Contingent Fees?
- Free Mind Mapping Programs
- Clinton’s Cabinet Appointment and the "Emoluments" Clause
- AIG: Has the Federal Reserve Become Both a Receiver and an Insurance Guaranty Fund?
- Falsehoods About Obstretrical Malpractice & Cerebral Palsy Persist As Smears Against John Edwards
Recent Court Opinions:
- The Role of Pecuniary Loss in a Tortious Interference With Contractual Relations Case (in Pennsylvania)
- Padding A Breach of Contract Case with Fraud, Unjust Enrichment, and Tortious Interference
- Another Day, Another Limitation on the "Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing" in Pennsylvania